The following is offered as a general guide to assist you in purchasing a memorial.
- Have a friend or relative with you.
- General price is determined by size and color.
- The thickness of the stone is usually 6″ or 8″. Thickness does not determine quality–only price.
- Lettering, personal design, delivery, polish on 2 sides, tax and warranty should all be included in the price.
- Get all promises in writing.
- Do not be pressured into making a quick decision. Advise the monument company that you intend to shop around.
- If it is more convenient for you to have this personal decision made in the comfort of your own home, ask the monument dealer to visit you. Again, have a friend or relative there with you.
- All granite is not equal in quality. If a flaw or imperfection were ever to appear in the granite that you purchase, it should be stated in writing that it will be replaced at absolutely no cost to you or your successors.
- If you feel that you are simply being sold a product with no sign of compassion or caring for your loss, you are most likely dealing with the wrong type of people to provide this service to you.
- Your monument should be designed to reflect your personal tastes and there should be no additional charge to have this done. For example, family crests, scenes, logos, etc.
Custom granite benches can range from elegant hand craved works of art, to natural and rugged cuts of granite.
Civic & Military
From large civic monuments to small military memorials, at Smet Monuments we look forward to working with you on your tribute.
Cremations are no longer just bound to urns. Here at Smet Monuments we provide a full range of cremation memorials.
The ultimate tribute to you and your family is the construction of a private mausoleum: an artistic structure that is built from only the best granites.